Your baby is the most precious thing you own and you always want to make sure that your baby gets the best of everything. But babies become irritated and grumpy, very soon. And to make them feel better you swing them in your arms. But doing this repeatedly, all day long makes your arms tired. So, how to deal with it? Here is a good news for you. A baby swing can do this for you. And now you might be wondering which baby swing should you buy since there is a wide range of these available in the market. Worry not!! Here is a guide to help you decide the best baby swing and help you buy a baby swing online.
Things to Consider
Since the matter here is related to your baby you don’t want to make any mistake. You want to be sure that the swing you buy for your bundle of joy is just perfect for him. But the question is how to choose the best baby swing? Here are a few things you should keep in mind while purchasing a baby swing.
The Type of Baby Seat:
This is the part of the swing where you will actually place your baby. So, you have to make sure that the baby seat is comfortable and suits your baby. Different baby seats have different features. Here are some features you should consider:
- Some baby swings have detachable seats, which allow you to remove the seat from the swing and use it as still a seat for your baby.
- Some seats are clippable. That is, you can clip the seat to the frame of the swing and have an oversized stationary baby seat.
- You should check if the seat has a washable cover or not.
- Make sure that the padding provided is apt. It should neither be too thick nor too thin.
- See if there are different reclining positions available in the seat so that the seat can be used when the baby grows up a little.
The Seat-Swinging Motion
Next important factor is the swinging motion provided by the seat. So, we need to to keep the following things in mind about the swinging motion:
- You should see if the swing allows to adjust the speed of your swing according to your baby’s convenience.
- You should also see in which directions can the seat swing?
- Also, you should see if the swing comes along with a timer or not.
- You should also consider the frame before buying a swing. The swing should have a wider base of support and should be made using good quality plastic.
- You should also consider various safety factors depending upon your child.
Types of Baby Swings
A baby swing can be seen as consisting of three different parts:
- The first part is the seat. It is the part where your baby actually sits.
- Then there is a motor. The motor is used for providing the swinging motion.
- Then there is a frame. The frame supports the swings.
There are basically two types of baby swings: The full-size swing and the portable baby swing. Though there are actually two types of baby swings, gliders can also be considered as baby swings since they have the same features as the baby swings. However, in addition, the gliders also provide gliding motion. Here we will be considering the full-size baby swing, the portable baby swings and the gliders and will be reviewing 5 baby swings that fall under these types. Also, the features of these types will be discussed.
Why Do We Need Full Sized Baby Swings?
There is no doubt about it, a full-size baby swing is big in size. If you are considering buying a full-size baby swing you will have to find a place in your child’s room where you can keep it. Since it is big in size it is not possible to carry it along everywhere you go or place it in the storage.
- In a full sized baby swing, the motor is generally placed at the top of the swing and this is one of the reasons why these swings are very tall.
- This position of the motor allows the seat to have a full range swinging motion, that is, go back and forth up to a great distance. This is a reason why full sized baby swings have smoother swings that last longer.
- The height of the seat from the ground is also quite high when compared to the one in a portable baby swing. A full-size baby swing can be used from the time of birth of the baby till the baby turns around 8 months old.
- Full-size swings come with a wider support base. Since the frame of these swings is large, they are very sturdy and it’s hard to knock over these.
Considering the price of these swings, these swings are a little on the expensive side. A very good quality swing will cost you around $ 100 or so.
- They come with most of the features that you expect a swing to have.
- They have a wider support base and hence there are less chances for it to tip down and thus, it provides better safety for your child.
- The swing arc is larger.
- It requires a lot of space.
- It can’t be taken along everywhere.
Now let us have a look at five best baby swings to help you choose better. Here are the top-rated baby swings on the market of 2016:
#1 Fisher-Price Snugabunny Cradle ‘N Swing with Smart Swing Technology.
This is the best baby swing on the market. The features of the product are as follows:
- This full sized baby swing from fisher price comes with two-way swinging motion to help calm the baby better. It moves back and forth like a traditional baby swing and also rocks the baby moving from one side to another like a cradle.
- It comes with six different swing speeds so that you can adjust the speed according to how your baby wants it to be.
- It offers 16 songs and various natures’ sounds for your baby’s complete entertainment.
- It comes along the seat covers which can be washed in machine so that you can wash it from to time and maintain hygiene at your baby’s seat.
- It has two options for the power source. You can use batteries or connect it with the provided AC adapter whichever suits you.
- It has 2 position recline along with three adjustable positions: left facing, right facing, and center.
- The product has been loved by most of the users and has received a 4.2 rating out of a perfect 5.
|Other important features of this swing are:
#2 Graco Duetsoothe Swing + Rocker, Sapphire
- This product comes with dual benefits. The seat of this swing is detachable and hence it acts as a stationary seat and as a rocker.
- It comes with three seating positions and allows two types of motions. It can sway the baby in the back motion and also in the sidewise direction. Thus, it provides gives baby a very soothing experience. This is one of the best baby swings on the market.
- It also comes along with a handle so can take it with you everywhere you go and hence assure that the baby is always near you.
- You have two options of providing power to this device. You can put batteries in it or plug it into an AC source depending upon what you find more convenient and safer for your baby.
- This also features two-speed vibration options to provide baby a relaxed time in the swing.
- The swing mode of this ideal for babies weighing between 5.5 to 30 pounds and the rocker mode is ideal for babies weighing between 5.5 to 25 pounds.
- When it is left to swing on its own it makes very loud click sound which is disturbing for the babies.
- It is a little difficult to assemble it.
#3 Snugapuppy Cradle and Swing from Fisher Price
- It comes with traditional back to forth motion and also sidewise cradle-like motion to soothe your baby better.
- It comes with foldable legs, thus providing easy storage and can be portability from one room to another.
- It has soft toys hung over baby’s head, which rotate providing an entertaining animal dance to the baby.
- It also has a mirror placed on the top which allows baby to see himself and other things around.
- It comes with six speeds so that you can choose the speed according to your baby’s convenience.
- You have the option of either charging it using the provided AC cord or you can put in batteries, whichever suits you the best.
- It also has a variety of music and sound options to keep your baby entertained and help him grow with fun.
|Other noteworthy features:
#4 Fisher-Price Moonlight Meadow Deluxe Cradle and Swing
- It comes with two-way motion options: It can sway from head to toe just like a traditional swing and sidewise direction cradle-like motion.
- It has plush, snugly fabrics, and air canopy.
- It has a choice of six-speed options so that you can choose the speed for your baby.
- It has 16 song options and soothing sounds to provide a pleasant environment for the little baby and keep him entertained.
- Many positive user reviews ‘It has been rated 4 out of a perfect 5. Most of the people who have used the product have found it an amazing one. According to them, the baby stays happy and enjoys a lot in it.’
Other great features of this are:
- It is very comfortable.
- It is very safe.
- It is very easy to switch to different positions. All you have to do is press a button and all done.
- It provides sources of providing power. You can either choose to put in 4D batteries or plug it into an AC power source whatever is convenient for you.
- The motor of this swing is very loud and wakes the baby up.
#5 Graco Glider LX Gliding Swing, Allison
- It is a combo of swing and glider. It soothes the baby providing the gliding motion of the nursery.
- It comes along with an ingenious frame and hence uses 40 % less space when compared to other swings.
- It gives you the flexibility of choosing your choice of power supply. You can either choose to put in the batteries or plug it into an Ac source.
- It provides soothing vibrations in two speeds so that the baby is relaxed.
- It can be used for babies whose weight lies in the range of 5.5 pounds to 30 pounds.
It has received great user reviews. Since no product is perfect, same is the case with this. Some users have reported internal design flaws. However, it has many unique features and is portable too. It is comfortable and your baby will have a fun time in this and a calm and relaxed nap so that he wakes up happy.
Baby swing is a necessity these days. Most of the mothers are working and otherwise too are most of the times busy with household chores. Baby swings are good for babies providing them a comfortable seat and swing. They come with a whole of features. You can compare the features and choose the best according to your baby’s need and the amount of space you have. You should always keep a few things in your mind before you make the final decision. These include the seat types, the portability provided. Also, since it’s about your little bundle of joy keep into consideration the safety factors associated with them. Above are 5 baby swings reviews. You can refer to these and compare and choose your best. Every swing has flaws and features. You will have to decide what the features that are inevitable for you are and what are the flaws you can afford to ignore. So, don’t think anymore and buy the best baby swing for your baby and provide him with all the happiness and joy he deserves.